October 27, 2017 (Texas Gulf Coast Regional Airport, Angleton, TX) — Third Coast Aviation (‘TCA‘) is very excited to announce that we now have, at our offices at Texas Gulf Coast Regional Airport (KLBX), an Advanced Aviation Training Device (AATD) – the ELITE Systems Professional P-1000, which will be of great assistance in your training needs. Whether you’re new to flying, or a seasoned professional, TCA can help you in your flying endeavors. Having an AATD, allows FAA approval for the following training proficiency credits:
- Instrument rating – maximum of 20 hours
- Instrument Proficiency Check – per FAA-s-8081-4e (Circle-to-land not authorized)
- Commercial Pilot certificate – Maximum of 25 hours
Why an AATD?
There are many reasons to use an AATD:
- Save at least 50% on the cost of renting a plane.
- For new pilots who need to work on their procedures, this is a great tool allowing the opportunity to practice proficiency in procedures and flight maneuvers prior to taking off in a real plane.
- For Instrument Students, build proficiency in the procedures through regular drills, while gaining credit for up to 20 hours towards your instrument rating.
- For rusty pilots, it’s been a while, but you just need to start off with reacquainting yourself with the rules and procedures before spending your valuable time in the air with an instructor.
- Instructors, this is of great assistance to you as well. Use the AATD as a basis to provide very valuable training to your students. Contact us to learn more about benefits to CFIs using our AATD.
Here’s the bottom line – even if you can’t log every hour spent in an AATD to count toward your certificate or rating, training in an AATD can maximize your training time and minimize the money you spend by enabling you to learn basic procedures in the AATD, and then master them in the actual aircraft. Another advantage is the ability to train when the weather is not cooperating or if an aircraft is not available. This advantage prevents undesirable breaks that can hamper your ability to practice and retain certain skills. Teaching is also much more productive in an AATD, where distractions such as noise and turbulence can be kept to a minimum. The ability to hit the pause button and then explain or review a certain training skill on the spot is another huge advantage. Last but not least, AATD’s permit practice of emergencies and other demanding skills with a level of safety that might not be possible in actual aircraft.
Using aviation training devices save time, money, and the environment, and allow everyone to fly more safely. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
About Third Coast Aviation
Founded in January 2017, Third Coast Aviation (‘TCA‘) is a Texas Gulf Coast aviation company providing Part 61 flight training, aircraft acquisition, sales, and management services. Our seasoned Certified Flight Instructors (CFI, CFII, and MEI) deliver flight training from Discovery Flights to Private Pilot License (PPL), Commercial Pilots License (CPL), CFI and beyond. Our admissions professionals help individuals transition into professional careers through our partnerships with regional air carriers such as GoJet Airlines Inc.; our business-to-business (‘B2B’) clientele provide explosive growth opportunity and longevity for our staff of Certified Flight Instructors (‘CFI’), maintenance professionals, and an exhilarating place for our students to learn!
© 2017 – 2019 by Third Coast Aviation LLC, all rights reserved.