Since so many of our student pilots are taking check rides this month, we felt it important to provide a “check ride checklist” for them as they were preparing for their big day.
Check Ride Checklist
When you take your check ride with your FAA Designated Pilot Examiner (‘DPE‘), you must have the following in your aircraft with you according to the Airmen Certification Standards (‘ACS‘):
- aircraft’s log books, both airframe and plant,
- demonstrate the annual inspection,
- demonstrate the last 100 hour inspection if applicable,
- aircraft’s pitot static inspection,
- aircraft’s ELT inspection, and
- VOR, if within 30 days if applicable or if requested by the DPE.
The following items must be in your aircraft:
- aircraft’s air worthiness certificate,
- aircraft’s current registration,
- aircraft’s operational limitation – the POH may be used for this purposes or could be an approved flight manual, and
- aircraft’s current original weight & balance document.
Student should have the following with them personally, on their person:
- current charts of the immediate area,
- “view limiting device” also known foggles,
- pilot’s government issued photo idea,
- pilot’s current student pilot license or issued pilot license,
- current medical certificate,
- pilot’s logbook showing aeronautical requirements met,
- pilot’s documentation of written test results,
- pilot’s CFI endorsements, and
- properly filed out FAA form 8710 (or physical proof of the online entry).
Further information for a check ride checklist
- See our flight training page for more information on our services…
- Also see these excellent checklists, including this excerpt from the PPSEL/CPSEL flight instructor notebook, MZeroA’s video on the checkride, and others…
About Third Coast Aviation
Founded in January 2017, Third Coast Aviation (‘TCA‘) is a Texas Gulf Coast aviation company providing Part 61 flight training, aircraft acquisition, sales, and management services. Our seasoned Certified Flight Instructors (CFI, CFII, and MEI) deliver flight training from Discovery Flights to Private Pilot License (PPL), Commercial Pilots License (CPL), CFI and beyond. Our admissions professionals help individuals transition into professional careers through our partnerships with regional air carriers such as GoJet Airlines Inc.; our business-to-business (‘B2B’) clientele provide explosive growth opportunity and longevity for our staff of Certified Flight Instructors (‘CFI’), maintenance professionals, and an exhilarating place for our students to learn!
Third Coast Aviation KEFD / headquarters
11200 Blume Avenue, Houston, TX 77034
© 2017 – 2019 by Third Coast Aviation LLC, all rights reserved.