Since we at Third Coast Aviation are interested in getting the general public “up in the air“, we have decided to produce a list of all the Houston flight schools, Title 14 CFR Part 61 and Part 141 flight schools. Since there are additional schools started continually and schools closing, we will try to keep this list up to date. If you know of one that is not on our list, please e-mail us at email@example.com!
Houston Flight Schools
We will endeavor to list all of the schools that we know of with a link to their website and any specific knowledge we have of the owners, operators, and CFI’s.
- Anson Aviation (Part 141)
- Location – Sugar Land Regional Airport, Sugar Land TX (SGR)
- Contact – Jay Robinson, Director of Operations
- Notes – With over 10,000 SF of hanger space (SGR requires every flight school to have at least that much hangar space) and a large rental fleet, this is a very convenient place to learn to fly. Sometimes the sheer volume of students makes getting flight time difficult (per some of our students that have come to Third Coast Aviation).
- ATP Flight School (Part 141)
- Notes – This is one of the largest national flight schools, which also has financing options. Beware of straying from their curriculum and being asked to leave, and also beware of inexperienced CFI’s.
- Coastal Skies Aero Club (Part 61)
- Location – Pearland Regional Airport, Pearland TX (GLS)
- Contact – Eric Brookshier, President
- Notes – Coastal Skies is one of the larger flying clubs we’ve encountered in Houston, and with an association with Total Aviation, they provide a great resources for those students that are interested in being able to rent aircraft as well.
- Flying Tigers (Part 141)
- Location – Ellington Field, Houston TX (EFD)
- Helene McCorvey, CEO
- Warren Benson, Chief Pilot
- Notes – With history going back 40+ years to Fletcher Aviation, this is the oldest Houston flight school as far as we can determine.
- General Aviation Flight School (Part 61)
- Harvey & Rhin Aviation (Part 141)
- Lone Star Flight Training
- Location – Conroe North Houston Airport, Conroe TX (CXO)
- Third Coast Aviation (Part 61)
- Ellington Field, Houston TX (EFD)
- Texas Gulf Coast Regional Airport, Angleton TX (LBX)
- Tony Boulanger, President
- Notes – Of course in our opinion, the best training experience in the Houston area. With a continually growing flight line, aircraft acquisition | disposition | management services, and a larger business plan vision than the rest of the flight schools, we think this is the place to be.
- West Houston Flight School ( )
Flight schools outside of Houston – Woodlands – Sugar Land metro area
As we are constantly flying to new airports around the great state of Texas, we encounter flight schools everywhere – not just Houston flight schools (we specified the Houston – Woodlands – Sugar Land metro area as it covers a lot of terrain)! If you would like your flight school listed here, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us if you should be listed in the Houston flight schools listing or elsewhere such as as “listings and social media” page.
- Brazos Valley Flight Services (Part 61)
About Third Coast Aviation LLC
Founded in January 2017, Third Coast Aviation LLC is a general aviation company serving the Texas Gulf Coast region, providing CFR Part 61 flight training, aircraft acquisition services, and aircraft sales services. With ranks of seasoned Certified Flight Instructors (CFI, CFII, and MEI), we deliver services to student pilots, from Discovery Flights through their Private Pilot License (PPL) and beyond – creating safe, competent pilots! We don’t stop there, but continue serving pilots with TCA Group Ground School Workshops, BSA Aviation Badge Workshops, and a TCA Student Association.
Third Coast Aviation EFD / headquarters
11200 Blume Avenue, Houston, TX 77034
© 2018 by Third Coast Aviation LLC, all rights reserved.