Third Coast Aviation LLC (“TCA“) has an ELITE Systems PI-1000 Professional 5 screen Advanced Aviation Training Device (“AATD“) at its headquarters at the historic Ellington Airport (“KEFD“) in Houston, Texas. Our AATD provides the following aircraft configurations (single, twin, simple, and complex): Cessna 172R, 172S, T182T, 206, T206; Diamond DA40, DA42; and Beechcraft Baron 58.
“The PI-1000 provides incredible training fidelity for Garmin G1000 users. This FAA-approved AATD uses LCD screens and realistic bezels to provide the best simulated G1000 panels available on the market! A key feature is the ability to perform WAAS approaches, and it simulates the Garmin GFC 700 autopilot.”
– ELITE brochure for the PI-1000
TCA provides AATD training towards Private Pilot’s License (PPL), Instrument Flight Rating (IFR), Commercial Pilot’s Certificate (CPC), and Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (ATP):
- AATD hourly usage rental (no fractional hours),
- AATD unlimited monthly usage (one scheduled hour daily for a whole month),
- Certified Flight Instructors (CFI’s), and
- CFI Instrument (CFII).
For further information about our Advanced Aviation Training Device
Let us work with you to accomplish your goals – getting back into flying as a “rusty pilot“, getting your IFR, or just finishing up your required hours for your next step as an airman. Fill this out, and we’ll get back to you within hours, or call us today at (979) 473-9822.
Advanced Aviation Training Device benefits
Advanced Aircraft Training Devices, and especially the configuration that we choose for our first AATD, has many benefits for our student pilots as well as other pilots in our community:
- When bad weather grounds other VFR flight training, you can always train inside on our AATD.
- Using an AATD can be 66% cheaper than using an aircraft and fuel for upgrading skills and training.
- Pilots can focus on their IFR skills as opposed to their flying skills while using an AATD.
- Rusty pilots may feel more comfortable working on a simulator to bring their flight skills current then in a plane.
Who can use the AATD?
For FAR Part 61 flight schools such as TCA, these are the maximum FAA credits allowed for our AATD (more information is available in the FAQ entitled “Logging Time on ELITE Aviation Training Devices” as well as 14 CFR 61.65 and FAA Advisory Circular AC No. 61-136A from November 17, 2014):
- 2.5 hours toward Private Pilot License (PPL)
- 20 hours toward Instrument Rating (IFR)
- 50 hours toward Commercial Pilot Certiﬁcate (CPC)
- 25 hours toward Airline Transport Pilot Certiﬁcate (ATP)
- GARMIN G1000 manuals
- ELITE Systems PI-1000 Professional manual
- ** FAA approval certificate under 14 CFR 61.4 for the ELITE PI-1000 Professional available upon request **
About Third Coast Aviation LLC
Founded in January 2017, Third Coast Aviation LLC is a general aviation company serving the Texas Gulf Coast area with an initial focus providing Title 14 CFR Part 61 flight training and aircraft brokering. Our personnel provide Certified Flight Instructor (CFI, CFII, and MEI) services to student pilots, delivering Discovery Flights through achieving their Private Pilot License (PPL), Instrument Rating (IR), Multi-Engine Rating, and Commercial Pilot License (CPL) – creating safe, competent pilots!
TCA, Ellington Airport (KEFD)
11200 Blume Avenue, Houston, Texas 77036
© 2017 – 2018 by Third Coast Aviation LLC, all rights reserved.