Flight training offered by experienced Third Coast Aviation LLC (TCA) professionals at historic Ellington Field (KEFD) – a winning combination! We’re excited for you to join the ranks of our student pilots training with us, and eventually our pilot alumni
Before your first flight training class…
So now that you’ve decided to join our group of students working towards their private pilots’ certificate, there are a few items that you will need to bring with you to your first flight after your Discovery Flight:
- Student flight school agreement
- United States issued photo ID, with current address – a Texas drivers’ license will do just fine for this
- Proof of citizenship – a birth certificate or passport
- Any previous pilot’s logbook or training records
- FAA issued Student Pilot Certificate *
- FAA issued medical certificate **
- Renter’s aircraft insurance ***
* Required prior to your solo flight. TCA can help you through the application process, which takes up to 30 minutes to complete. Once your application is in with the FAA, your CFI sponsors your student certificate prior to its issuance, which can take up to 3 weeks for delivery.
*** Required prior to your solo flight. TCA can refer you to a renters insurance firm that matches your requirements, but it must have a $10,000 aircraft damage liability. AVEMCO and AOPA are often used.
Financing your lessons
Since we are a Title 14 FAR Part 61 flight school, we have the flexibility for you to “pay as you go“, customizing your flight training to match your finances. Pay by check or credit card or use other options that allow you to finance the whole experience:
Register for your flight training today…
To register and start flying today, call our headquarters at (979) 473-9822 or e-mail info@ThirdCoastAviation.com
© 2017 by Third Coast Aviation LLC, all rights reserved.