Third Coast Aviation LLC (‘TCA‘) is excited to have you join the ranks of our students, and eventually our pilot alumni!
Before your first flight…
So now that you’ve decided to join our group of students working towards their private pilots’ certificate, there are a few items that you will need to bring with you to your first flight after your Discovery Flight:
- Student flight school agreement
- United States issued photo ID, with current address – a Texas drivers’ license will do just fine for this
- Proof of citizenship – a birth certificate or passport
- Any previous pilot’s logbook or training records
- FAA issued Student Pilot Certificate *
- FAA issued medical certificate **
- Renter’s aircraft insurance ***
* Required prior to your solo flight. TCA office personnel can help you through the application process, which takes up to 30 minutes to complete. Once your application is in with the FAA, your TCA Certificate Flight Instructor must sponsor your student certificate prior to its issuance, which can take up to 3 weeks for delivery.
*** Required prior to your solo flight. TCA office personnel or TCA Certified Flight Instructors can refer you to a renter’s insurance firm that matches your requirements, but it must have a $10,000 aircraft damage liability. AVEMCO and AOPA are often used.
Financing your lessons
Since we are a FAR Part 61 flight school, we have the flexibility to allow you to “pay as you go” and customize your flight training to match your financial position. We allow you to pay by check or credit card, but there are options that allow you to finance the whole experience:
Register for your flight classes today…
To register and start flying today, call our headquarters at (979) 473-9822 or e-mail info@ThirdCoastAviation.com
© 2017 by Third Coast Aviation LLC, all rights reserved.