With the March 2018 announcement, Third Coast Aviation LLC (“TCA“) offers aircraft acquisition services for the student pilot as well the seasoned pilot who decides to upgrade to his next plane. Using our copyrighted “TCA Aircraft Acquisition Process” or TAAP, we ensure that the new student pilot can achieve their goals for an acquisition while staying within their budget and skills. For the seasoned pilot, we can take his goals, his skill set, and help him set goals and open up his or her horizons when buying a new aircraft to either replace the one they have and sell their old plane or come up with an income generation plan for their current aircraft.
TCA Aircraft Acquisition Process (TAAP)
Our aircraft acquisition services are accomplished using the TCA Aircraft Acquisition Process, a documented process that looks like:
Initial interview with customer / pilot
- Sign TCA agreement and fee ($800)
- Define “wants“
- Pilot skills interview with one of our Certified Flight Instructors (CFI)
- Review Pilot insurance history
- Explore financial capabilities
- Customer selects 1 to 3 aircraft candidates from aircraft inventory presented (usually 10 or more) – TCA reviews FAA aircraft registration, FAA aircraft paper version of all records, NTSB accident reports
- Submit requested financial documents to TCA if financing
Report customer presentation
- Negotiated aircraft offer
- “Gap analysis” between pilot skills and those required for aircraft selected
- Training plan
- TCA proposal for implementing training plan
- Financing options, including financial institutions meeting customer’s needs, terms and interest rates
- Escrow options
- Possible income generating options for acquired aircraft
- Submit customer documents to financial institution
- Customer escrow deposit (customer paid)
- A&P aircraft inspection directed by TCA (customer paid)
- Presentation to customer of inspection report and “gap analysis“
- Execution / signing
Aircraft Acquisition Fees
TCA charges an initial fee of $800 to start our Aircraft Acquisition Process. This fee takes the client all the way through to the point where they get a detailed report with an inventory for acquisition. From there, our industry standard fee starts at eight percent (8%) minus the original $800, based on a sliding scale associated with the aircraft’s acquisition cost down to six percent (6%).
About Third Coast Aviation LLC
Founded in January 2017, Third Coast Aviation LLC is a general aviation company serving the Texas Gulf Coast region, providing CFR Part 61 flight training, aircraft acquisition services, and aircraft sales services. With ranks of seasoned Certified Flight Instructors (CFI, CFII, and MEI), we deliver services to student pilots, from Discovery Flights through their Private Pilot License (PPL) and beyond – creating safe, competent pilots! We don’t stop there, but continue serving pilots with TCA Group Ground School Workshops, BSA Aviation Badge Workshops, and a TCA Student Association.
Third Coast Aviation EFD / headquarters
11200 Blume Avenue, Houston, TX 77034
© 2018 by Third Coast Aviation LLC, all rights reserved.