With the March 2018 announcement, Third Coast Aviation LLC (‘TCA‘) offers aircraft acquisition services for the student pilot as well the seasoned pilot who decides to upgrade to his next plane, as well as aircraft brokering services. Using our copyrighted “TCA Aircraft Acquisition Process” or TAAP, we ensure that the new student pilot can achieve their goals for an acquisition while staying within their budget and skills. For the seasoned pilot, we can take his goals, his skill set, and help him set goals and open up his or her horizons when buying a new aircraft to either replace the one they have and sell their old plane or come up with an income generation plan for their current aircraft.
TCA’s Aircraft Acquisition Process (TAAP)
Aircraft brokering and acquisition is accomplished using the TCA Aircraft Acquisition Process, a documented process that looks like:
- Initial interview with customer / pilot
- Sign TCA agreement and fee ($800)
- Define “wants“
- Pilot skills interview with one of our Certified Flight Instructors (CFI)
- Review Pilot insurance history
- Explore financial capabilities
- Customer selects 1 to 3 aircraft candidates from aircraft inventory presented (usually 10 or more)
- Submit requested financial documents to TCA if financing
- Report customer presentation
- Negotiated aircraft offer
- “Gap analysis” between pilot skills and those required for aircraft selected
- Training plan
- TCA proposal for implementing training plan
- Financing options, including
- Financing institutions meeting customer’s needs
- Options for terms & interest
- Escrow options
- Possible income generating options for acquired aircraft
- Submit customer documents to financial institution
- Customer escrow deposit (customer paid)
- A&P aircraft inspection directed by TCA (customer paid)
- Presentation to customer of inspection report and “gap analysis“
- Execution / signing
Aircraft Brokering Fees
TCA charges an initial fee of $800 to start our Aircraft Acquisition Process. This fee takes the client all the way through to the point where they get a detailed report with an inventory for acquisition. From there, our industry standard fee starts at eight percent (8%) based on a sliding scale associated with the aircraft’s acquisition cost down to six percent (6%).
TCA Fees for Aircraft Brokering
TCA charges an initial fee of $1,000 to start our TCA Aircraft Sales and Process with an additional three percent (3%) upon sale of the aircraft.
About Third Coast Aviation LLC
Founded in January 2017, Third Coast Aviation LLC is a general aviation company serving the Texas Gulf Coast area with an initial focus providing Title 14 CFR Part 61 flight training and aircraft brokering. Our personnel provide Certified Flight Instructor (CFI, CFII, and MEI) services to student pilots, delivering Discovery Flights through achieving their Private Pilot License (PPL), Instrument Rating (IR), Multi-Engine Rating, and Commercial Pilot License (CPL) – creating safe, competent pilots!
TCA, Ellington Airport (KEFD)
11200 Blume Avenue, Houston, Texas 77036
© 2018 by Third Coast Aviation LLC, all rights reserved.