Third Coast Aviation (“TCA“) would like to congratulate the newest addition to the TCA family – Abinadi Milligan as an Advanced Ground Instructor! Adinadi has been a student at TCA this year and has achieved his certification as well as still working towards his CFI.
Levels of Ground School Instructors
There are multiple levels of ground school instructors defined by the FAA other than the Adavanced ground instructor level, which are:
- BASIC ground instructor – “A basic ground instructor (BGI) can provide ground training for sport, recreational, or private pilot students. BGIs may endorse applicants for those certificates to take the knowledge exam. A BGI may also complete the ground portion of the flight review. To become a BGI, you must pass the 80-question BGI knowledge test. No practical test is required.” – Gleim website
- ADVANCED ground instructor – “An advanced ground instructor (AGI) can provide ground training for any Part 61 pilot certificate, except the instrument rating. AGIs may endorse applicants for those certificates to take the knowledge exam. An AGI may also complete the ground portion of the flight review. To become an AGI, you must pass the 100-question AGI knowledge test. No practical test is required. ” – same Gleim website
- INSTRUMENT ground instructor – “An instrument ground instructor (IGI) can provide ground training for the instrument rating. IGIs may endorse applicants for the instrument knowledge exam. An IGI may also provide ground training for an instrument proficiency check. To become an IGI, you must pass the 50-question IGI knowledge test. No practical test is required. ” – same Glein website
There are a number of other sites that go into the differences as well, like Wikipedia. There are also accreditation like “Master Ground Instructor” by individual organizations outside of the FAA, in this case by Aviation Educators (like our very own Ed Pataky).
Advanced Ground Instructor
So our corps of BASIC ground instructor, Advanced ground instructor (Abinadi Milligan), and MASTER ground instructor (Ed Pataky) have scheduled two upcoming ground school classes for those who are looking to take their private pilot FAA written exam:
- 3 day intensive ground school – August 3, 4, 5 (2018)
- 2 week ground school @ night – July 31, Aug 2, 7, 9, and 11 (2018)
If you’d like register, either call our customer service representatives at (979) 473-9822 or register via our web form on our group ground school workshops page.
About Third Coast Aviation LLC
Founded in January 2017, Third Coast Aviation LLC is a general aviation company serving the Texas Gulf Coast region, providing CFR Part 61 flight training, aircraft acquisition services, and aircraft sales services. With ranks of seasoned Certified Flight Instructors (CFI, CFII, and MEI), we deliver services to student pilots, from Discovery Flights through their Private Pilot License (PPL) and beyond – creating safe, competent pilots! We don’t stop there, but continue serving pilots with TCA Group Ground School Workshops, BSA Aviation Badge Workshops, and a TCA Student Association.
Third Coast Aviation EFD / headquarters
11200 Blume Avenue, Houston, TX 77034
© 2018 by Third Coast Aviation LLC, all rights reserved, with portions referenced from Gleim.